My ultimate goal is for each individual among us to be completely free to live peacefully as he/she wishes. To reach this goal we must collaborate to establish and maintain a free society.
What is a free society?
A free society is a culture (existing online or within a geographic region) in which…
- The vast majority of participants voluntarily and consistently use NAP as a guide for living their own lives and for judging the actions of others.
- The vast majority of participants are effectively able to shield themselves from both internal and external sources of aggression using voluntary means.
The result is a culture in which the vast majority of individuals are free to live as they wish, neither aggressing against others nor being aggressed against. In other words, a peaceful society.
A significant improvement
- No government will be able to establish itself within a free society, because the vast majority of people will view the government concept as an absurd violation of NAP, just as they view slavery as an absurdity today. Once government aggression is successfully expelled and repelled by a free society it will likely be left in the past where it belongs.
- No longer will people be forced to pay for things they find morally reprehensible. No longer will victims be forced to pay for the crimes committed by government aggressors against them.
- Individuals will be free to trade what they want with whomever they want under any terms they choose as long as they don’t violate NAP. Exchanges will be mutually voluntary, and thus will increase wealth and quality of life for all parties involved. No more win-lose scenarios. It’s either win-win or no deal.
- Innovators will be free to develop technology like never before.
- Without government regulations, subsidies, and price manipulation, producers will be able to easily determine what consumers really want and need. Thus resources will be allocated far more effectively to serve consumer needs and desires.
- By minimizing aggression and removing government, competitive incentive will be maximized. Thus employers will have to provide better terms and working conditions for their employees to avoid losing them to the competition. Product and service providers will have to provide safer, higher quality, life-enhancing solutions at lower cost to avoid losing customers to the competition.
- As a result, quality of life will increase dramatically while human suffering will be minimized. Life expectancy will also increase significantly.
- With competitive incentive, all services traditionally provided by government (if there is a demand) will be provided far more effectively and efficiently by freely competing entrepreneurs.
- Our property will be protected.
- Consumer advocate groups will protect consumers.
- Laws will reflect justice.
- Our money will retain value.
- Violent criminals will be brought to justice.
- Our freedom will be protected.
In short, a free society is a better society in which individual freedom, peace and cooperation are maximized, while aggression, violence and destruction are minimized.